Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday 07/29/2007






Sunday 07/29/07


Well I made it back late Friday (07/27/07) afternoon and my mom was crying. I'm not sure if she was happy that I made it back from shark infested waters or if she was happy she didn't have to babysit my animals anymore!! :)
We ate at my favorite Italian restaurant and it was so tasty! Not that those Thai's on Midway can't cook, but it was all starting to taste the same to me (well, except the brownies that I devoured at every opportunity...must have been "special" brownies because I couldn't stop eating the stupid things!!).
It was pretty funny because I was quite upset when I found out we were stranded on Midway, but once it was really time to go, I started crying like a baby and wasn't ready to leave! I met so many wonderful people and the island was so amazing! It's crazy to be back here making sure I lock my car/house doors after living on an island with 60 or so others without any care in the world about my safety. Quite a different atmosphere out there!!
This was an absolutely amazing experience and I'm so glad I was given this opportunity!!
Pictures:
-Momma feeding her baby!
-There's a tradition when anyone laeves, they take a ceiling tile down and it is decorated.
-Getting ready to board the plane to Hono - Pete, Steve, Kate, Michael, Barbara, Sea, Kristin, me, Luis
-Reef Hotel
-Luis relaxing in a reef pond at reef hotel

1 comment:

L A said...

I can't believe it's almost 4 years now! I miss that reef pool, it would be so refreshing now! The Hudson river doesn't feel the same for some reason...