Saturday, July 21, 2007

Saturday 07/21/2007






07/21/07 Saturday


Well, supposed to be in Honolulu now, but no such luck. We were all packed and ready to go yesterday and the island manager told us the one and only plane that travels to/from Midway/Honolulu has a broken navigational GPS system. I told them to stick a compass in there and let's go, but apparantly that's not kosher with the FAA. The part they need won't be in Hono until Tuesday, so best case scenario, we get picked up Wednesday evening and I fly to KC Thursday. I'm contemplating building a raft. Get's a little freaky when I think I'm on 1200 acres of land in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do and no way off. At least we're all safe!!
The plane that was supposed to pick us up yesterday had another supply of food for the island, so apparantly we're running a little low. Looks like we're going to have to start eating Albatross! No...I couldn't do that! They're even starting to get sparse because most of them are fledging (flying to the ocean to forage for their own food) or they're dying of starvation/de-hydration on the island. I saved one that was waterlogged in the ocean yesterday.
There's a plumber on my floor that is petrified of insects, so he bombs his room and the hallway with Raid a couple times a day. That sends the Godzilla sized cochroaches down to my room, so I've been killing a couple/day.
Well, off to try and reschedule my return flight. Hope everyone is well...have a great weekend!
Miss ya!
Pictures:
-3 of us gettin' ready to work!
-Jamie and Doc Potts on the way to go work!
-Hawaiian monk seal...so cute!
-Barry, the manager of the Atoll, invited all of the "Coral Reefers" to his house for dinner one night.
-Parrot fish - my favorite!!

No comments: